One Fine Day
Hoookay… I’m officially depressed. I spent the day doing a lot of useless tasks, and I hate it when that happens. First of all, I woke up at 12pm! Don’t you just find it annoying when you over sleep and waste half your day? And this particular problem was compounded by the fact that for almost an hour after I woke up, I was absolutely useless as I lounged around in bed and did my best to get some exercise by channel surfing. I would have been really pissed off with myself at that moment had it not been for the fact that I was in that situation because I spent the whole night until 4am in an impromptu party for a friend who is about to be shipped abroad as an auditor for a British firm( as the destination is one of those Caribbean islands, I really don’t think this counts as work!). Anyway, I digress. I was about to say that as I really planned on buying some law books today (since I already have a ton of readings for Monday), I had to practically scramble once I found enough energy to move. In any case, I drove all the way from Marikina to Makati, parked in Powerplant, hoped that I wouldn’t see any of my former classmates there, and headed for the Ateneo just across the street.
This is where I really began feeling bad. Just the sight of the building made butterflies dance around in my stomach. This was the place that brought me so much grief last year. And along with the butterflies came the memories…ah, memories. Haaaay. Anyway, I gathered up enough courage to walk through the doors and headed for the bookstore within. Alas! As I approached the closed stall where the bookstore should have been, I just couldn’t help but think “Oh, shit… I traveled all the way here for nothing.” And as if I didn’t feel bad enough, I had to ask the security guard what time the shop closed. He said 2:00. Looking at my watch that indicated that it was only 2:15, I silently cursed myself. But I thought “Hey! I can still pay my credit card bill so that this trip won’t be such a waste!” So I walked out of the building, carefully studying the floor so that I could avoid having someone I know come up to me and ask how I was doing and if I was okay. When I got back inside the mall, I rushed towards BPI, but as I got there, the familiar “closed” sign caught my attention. Damn. It’s Saturday pala! Stupid. With nothing else to do, I visited my usual haunts: MY bookstore, MY hobby store, and MY toystore. But it just wasn’t the same walking around by myself. So, with a sigh, I slinked back down towards the escalator to get back to my car. But before I could get on, I remembered one more place I hadn’t visited yet: MY coffee shop! At least there was one thing good about the trip…
So now, I’m back at home, doing nothing. What a way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Hehe. Loser. If it weren’t for Jerv’s birthday party tonight, this day would truly be a total loss. At least that’s something that can compensate for having to go back to Rockwell for absolutely nothing! Well, for a cup of good coffee anyway! Hehe.
Oh well… you know you don’t have much to do when you begin writing about buying school books and how exciting classes are…
I miss my adventures….


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home