Weird day
Yesterday was a weird day for me. Yesterday, I woke up in a luxurious hotel room that I did not fully appreciate as I had a lot on my mind. Aside from the usual thoughts about all the studying I had to do for the day's recitation, my mind also raced around the much anticipated meeting I had scheduled for breakfast at the Fort.
Have you ever had the unfortunate experience of being slapped in the face with a blast of reality when all you really wanted was to continue clinging to what you would like to be real? Talk about rude awakenings. And boy, was I awakened yesterday morning. For a person so wrapped up with certainty like I am, being immersed in a world of uncertainty is something that I do not do so well. Now for the odd part: even after the meeting, even after some rather unpleasant exchanges, I still felt strangely at ease... as if I was going somewhere.
By 1pm, I was back in RCBC Plaza, occupying my usual table, with a pile of cases staring at me. Armed with my thermos of coffee, two hiliters, and my trusty Ipod, I did battle with the SCRA and Tolentino for five hours. But even after all my efforts, I still failed to finish the assigned articles. However, as I left only two articles left unread, I decided to take a chance and go to class. Laban na to!However, as Fate would have it, after having read 12 cases and a whole chapter on Co-ownership, I had to be called on the last two articles that I did not prepare for. But once again, I found myself somewhat placated. Weird.
After class, I went down to EAT to get some drinks with a few of my classmates. After several bottles, I decided to head for home. I was already nearing the elevator when I received a text message from Kit informing me of a get together in Katips. Ahhh, Katips,the barkada hangout during our college years before it was unceremoniuosly closed a year ago. True enough, despite the hiatus, we were once again received with familiarity by the staff, and our regular waiter even remembered our usual orders! In any case, the gimmik turned out to be an extended version of our LSC nights out as only Boomie and Janis were the only ones involved at the moment. One thing was rather strange here though. For some odd reason, everybody kept puting me in the hot seat, asking me questions as if they knew something I did not. Odder still, it was Charlotte and Eunice who seemed to be leading the pack. Hmm...what do they know that I don't? From what I know, especially after yesterday morning, nothing is for certain. But I'm glad that I have lots of supportive friends who will certainly always be there to try and make things better. It just makes the hoping and waiting all the more easier.
But still, it was sure a weird day for me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home