Life is a highway... I will ride it all night long... If you're going my way... I will drive it all night long...

Friday, September 02, 2005

45, 45, Sidekick, Roundhouse!

Yep, that's how it went down. No, I'm not talking about that one taekwondo match which earned me a kick in the head that sent my head gear spinning and covering my face(Hehe. Have I ever told you of that time some of the Gobots and I found ourselves in the Taek varsity team? Funny story. But since I'm ranting today, I can't afford a laugh). No, I'm talking about the past two weeks of finals I just went through. Last week's tests were formidable, but I believe I passed them. Hell, I already know that I passed that Nego test with Nani Perez! And that's something if you take into consideration the fact that Nani is one of the Four Horsement of the Apocalypse! Knowing that you passed under one of Ateneo's most feared hatchetmen is indeed something! Crimpro and Sales were pretty hard too, but I'm not so scared of these subjects since they're taught by some very cool profs. Asa na lang sa awa to. However, the tests for this week were murder. Tuesday was PALE, a subject very close to those religion classes we had back in grade school. You know, those subjects hich no one ever failed. basta mabait ka lang... But the thing is, I really had a very difficult time with the test! Does that say anything about me? I don't know. But Wednesday brought Land titles and Deeds, a one unit subject that isn't really given much attention to. And once more, I spent my time answering the test muttering a silent prayer to God that my bolas would work. I'm still praying.

And the clincher is, here I am, sweating in fear for subjects that shouldn't be so hard! An attack I didn't expect!Wham! Sidekick to the chest!

And today, Corp. Well, I really didn't think Corp would be that bad since the prof already gave us a heads up on the possible questions he would be asking. Then, he topped this off by giving us an open book, open notes test! Who ever heard of such a thing in a law exam? We all thought that the test would be walk in the park because of this, but noooooo... It had to be one of those exams that didn't have any real questions. No issues were given, no contentions or arguments. Just a simple set of facts that had no problems and an "advise your client and fully explain" situation. So there we were, trying to cram every single detail we learned for a whole sem in two hours and a maximum of 20 pages. We had no idea what was really being asked of us or how we should approach the question. So, bolahan nanaman! And this time, we tried our best to bluff our way out of a 4 unit subject! Roundhouse! Knockout!

So there. The finals are over, but the blood is still on my shirt. Even the few beers we had at the Fort a while ago didn't seem to work. Good thing I get to wash the stains out in the beach later. Yep, I'm going to the beach again! And you know that this will mean more pictures! Hehe.

By the way, I lost that taekwondo match... but I sure as hell won't lose to any of my subjects this sem! Ha! I have a contract with a very special someone now. And I can't afford to lose from now on. Besides, I'm now a proud member of the Dean's List Sana Club, and I'll be damned if I have to treat any one of our members if I don't make it on that list!

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Anns said...

WOOAAH!!! You took Tae kwon do too?? Daym! Panalo ka talaga! Till what belt ka?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll do good pare. Sometimes, the more you don't expect something good to happen, the more it happens. Let it go pare! And if the booze didn't help, it only means one thing and one thing alone:

YOU DIDN'T DRINK ENOUGH. ;P Wahahahahaha!!!!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Traveller said...

Belt? Hehe! Just the right belt to get my butt kicked!

Haay. Sana nga things turn out well. Hehe. You're right. Three beers weren't enough. But guess what? Denmarc showed us this place inside BMW Libis and they have this thing called a beer buffet and you get to drink as much as you can for only P250! Tara!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home