Losing my Religion: the Return of the Comeback
Two years ago, I began this blog in desperation. I began writing here in order to send out what's been happening in my life with the hope that the winds of fate or some magical genie would scoop up the thoughts I portrayed here and somehow, through the brute force of a miracle, my wish of having the past return to me would come true. And guess what? It did, despte all the odds.
Two years after, I am writing once more, but now, with a different reason. But a reason wrapped in desperation nonetheless. I am writing again just to keep my sanity. Just to do something and let things out. Cool huh? hehe. I do not even know who I'm talking to here since I only know of one person who will take the time out to read this. Right, Roks? Agree with me or suffer the consequences.Anyway, I guess this blog's as good a place as any to simply shout out and let off some steam.
Where was I? Ah, yes, I'm writing here for a different reason. Two years ago, I wrote with hope because I believed that I could still get what I wanted the most. Maybe I wrote out of my own naivete. True enough, there are no genies. There are no perfect little fairy tales. There is no Neverland. What does exist is a world of people. People who are flawed in many ways. People who will fail, who will make mistakes, who will disappoint you so completely. No, its not their fault. We're all built this way. People won't be able to give you what you want. People don't grant wishes nor do they do miracles. They just live their lives. Live their lives in accordance to what they themselves want. If they do something for you, its just that they have an ulterior motive and you just happen to to to be a convenient way of getting there. And this isn't wrong, I see now. Survival of the Fittest. But more importantly, this is our way of attaining our full potential. So indeed, we all act in ways that disappoint others, but this is done merely to get waht we innately want. And this is not wrong, is it? Although in not so many words, I believe it was Plato who said that the good is simply doing your own thing.
I used to believe otherwise, until the world showed me what it takes to survive. In some ways, people are stepping stones. Disagree if you like, but I think that we've all stepped on some toes to get what we want. Don't worry, the person with crushed toes will be doing the same thing anyway. So we all move along. I guess I've just been so sheltered all my life, having been raised on THE hill and never really getting to see the real world down below since my view was covered by clouds. Its going to take some time erasing from my mind the concept of being a man for others(oops. there goes the attempt at a play of words) and begin looking out for number one. But this is what the real world demands of me. This is what the real world has taught me. Do not hope. Simply do. Do what you need to do. Whatever it is. Do whatever it takes, no matter what the cost. Do not trust in people as they will only disappoint you.Do it yourself. Just take, seldom offer. And never let your guard down. Do this, and you will get somewhere. Do this, and maybe, you'll be happy in the end. This is the rule of the world.
Time to grow up.
God, I hope I'm wrong. I wouldn't want to live in a world full of people like me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home