Life is a highway... I will ride it all night long... If you're going my way... I will drive it all night long...

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I'm back!

Hello, hello, hello! I know, I know. You're probably thinking "more than one month this time. What's his excuse this time?" Well, I think I have a rather good excuse now, but I'll get to that later. First off, I'd just like to greet the Summer season with a lud "Where have you been?!?" Finally, summer is here, and I can finaly get some rest and relaxation, sand and surf, adventure and...umm... action? Ha! I wish. Anyway, I digress. As I was saying, I do have a good excuse as to why it is only now that I got to update this blog. And I'll do my explanation in chronological order.

As my first lame excuse, I offer the fact that the first part of April was spent studying. Yes! Studying! That's what law students do during exam week. Actually, I now think that Ishould have studied earlier on, but well, what ca I do now, right? From April 1 to 17, I literally spent every day from sun up to sun up cramming one semester's worth of work load. Coffee and this new drink I found to be rather effective, Bacchus, were my perennial companions. And for more than 4 consecutive weekends, I distanced myself from the usual nights out. All for the love of passing this semester. And guess what? I think I failed. Yup. Civil Procedure and Partnerships really killed me. Now here were tests where you either knew the answers or you didn't. And I didn't. Now, all I can do is pray. C'mon guys, pray along with me as I need all the help I cna get. Haha! Kayang kaya kung sama sama. But I know I'll pass as there is nothing that a little positive thinking can't cure. Oh, and by the way, the latter part of the exam season was also spent coming up with a 72 page paper in Property, but I guess that went rather well, so no problems there! Thanks Leah! Hehe.

Immediately after the last exam day, I headed off to Puerto Galera. Now THAT was fun. After such a harrowing experience just the night before, the fabulous waters and white beaches of Mindoro simply blew me away. I had such a great time during that trip(where I really spent ALL of my money enjoying myself! But it was totally worth it!). Instead of doing the usual things in Galera, I spent most of the time lounging around, lying down in a comfortable bed, on the sand, or in a hammock. Also, every chance I had, I grabbed a bite to eat. As I said, no expense was saved. Basta nagpakasaya ako. Hehe. Of course, I didn't pass up on some snorkeling as Galera boasts of some of the best coral reefs in the country. So, aside from snorkeling, I really avoided Galera-ish gimmicks. And this was definitely one trip where a faceless person found a face (sorry, inside joke there). Hell, I even went home without a henna tatoo!

After the trip, I tried to get my room back into gear after a another year of schooling really took its toll on my space(xerox copies everywhere, neglected dust covered personal belongings, chaotic closets, a bathroom in complete disarray...). Anyway, I say try as I still haven't completed this task yet.

Aside from my daunting house chores, I spent the week that was in a rather normal fashion. I went to a party/inuman session where we were treated to an unending supply of UP's famous isaw! Happy bday Nere! I had some drinks(something long overdue) with the Bhonny, Kit, and Titan in Timog. I was finally able to go back to a shopping mall. And yes, I even found some time to go network gaming with Tom, Bhonny and Fabs in Katipunan! Yes! Hello summertime!

But of course, it wouldn't be my life if there wasn't a single hint of stress at all, right? So,as a remedy to that, I spent the last couple of nights getting to bed at around 3am since I had a ton of work to do for Honda. As this is the season too for companies to file their annual reports, this is one of those few occasions where I really have much work to do for the company. Yesterday alone was spent in the office of our lawyer, ironing out all the papers we need to submit by the end of the month. So, until then, work,work,work!

And finally, for my excuse. Nope, all of the abovementioned scenarios were not the real reason why I failed to post anything recently. Honestly, I tried to post, but I couldn't as my PC was infected by some virus that totally whacked up my system. So now, after 3 years of seamless performance, I had to reformat my computer. And that was quite a task in itself as Windows XP clings to your PC with such fervor that I spent such a long time figuring out how to erase the damn thing. All you people who've done a reformatting with Win XP know what I mean. But now, its all good. I'm back in the game. But having no internet access for such a long time can really slow you down. In fact, as I'm typing this, I'm simultaneously going through hundreds of mail in my 3 email accounts. Oh well.

But at least I'm back.

So there. Another delayed post from the traveller. Sorry guys. I hope this update is enough. Don't worry, I'll try to be more prompt in the future. Hehe. But you never can tell. It IS summertime, and things tend to get hectic during these days. We'll see....

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger ibYang said...

mike!! good to have you back!! i missed you!! :) happy ako kasi when i read your post.. parang mejo happy ka.. hmmmmmmmm *wink*wink*

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Traveller said...

aba! may wink wink ka a! ano ibig sabihin nun? hehe. ano ba alam mo na di ko alam... grabe a, galing US pa yan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home