Life is a highway... I will ride it all night long... If you're going my way... I will drive it all night long...

Monday, February 19, 2007

Getting my groove back

Fiiinally... a brief respite from school work. Since last week, my MBA classes have been killing me. And today, my Partnership class just had one hell of a killer midterm examination. I now think that I made a mistake in cramming all of my heavy MBA subjects in one semester. But I really had no choice since I had to free up some time next semster to study for the LCE. Oh well. But as for now, a much needed break is in order. Whew!

Hmmm. what's new with me aside from the headaches brought about by school work? Well, nothing much. I finally got that 75 gallon aquarium I had my eye on for quite some time. At least I can begin fixing it up now. Haha. fixing up aquariums. Just proves to show what an exciting life I lead. But hey, at least the traveller's getting back into his groove. After a two year hiatus, I'll be climbing again! Yup, I've got a scheduled climb next weekend! And I sure am excited about it! Hehe. I just don't know if my body can still take the strain though. Here's hoping I don't fall of a cliff or something.Ugh. Have to exercise now... Also, the reefers are trying to schedule a dive trip somewhere in Batangas. I still don't know the date though, and I really don't think I can afford it financially. But then again, if there's a will, there's a way!

A few posts ago, I made a list of things I wanted to change in my life in order to become a better person. Haha! Well, we can scratch the drinking prohibition off that list. For some strange reason, after making that list, people just started having more drinking sprees and treating me. Haha! Maybe I should drum up on this whole break up thingy a little more and maybe I just might be able to avail myself of some free meals! Anyway, getting back to the point, I think I've made some headway in the change department. Here's a list of the top five statements about the "new me":

5. "Pero a, tumataba siya..." (Cool! finally!)
4. "Si Mike yung highest dito sa test na 'to" (said before I took that test and probably flunked it. But still, the perception of me was quite good!hehe)
3. "Wow naman. Ang lalim. Naiiyak tuloy ako" (said by a friend after I talked to her about relationships. WOW talaga! love advice coming from me? Yikes!)
2. "O? nakabraces ka pala?" (uh huh. after 10,000 years of having braces on, no one actually noticed that I finally got them off?)
and the clincher:
1. "You're funny din naman pala. I thought you were always serious." (Thanks a lot! hehe)

So there you have it. Some signs of improvement? well if not, I'll take them in a positive light, thank you very much. Of course there is still much to be done (yup, I had planned on jogging today to get ready for the climb but I was sidetracked by another surprise drinking session. And my jogging partner fell asleep while waiting for me!)

Anyway, I hear my fishes calling....

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Anns said...

TUMABA KA???????

The braces and the funnies, I know. THe love thing, I'll have to hear, though it is believable. BUT Mike and fat in the same sentence? man I really gotta see you!!!!

Well great to hear about your very apparent improvement! Keep up the good work and hey, I know you're having a tough time at school, but just remember you're still a student....

You still have summer vacations!!!! Damn adulthood!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Traveller said...

Hehe. Yup, even I can't believe that I seem to have gained some weight. Honestly, palagay ko binobola lang ako! haha. Pero si Cheen Cheen nagsabi so baka nga totoo. Sana...

Yup, summer vacation! Haha. But I think medyo wala na din kami nun. The original JBL Reyes (our night class!) is organizing review classes in preparation for the LCE. And it will stretch from March to July! Grabe no? Kailangan kasi e.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home