Life is a highway... I will ride it all night long... If you're going my way... I will drive it all night long...

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Thai in a Very Small Box

I just recently came back from a VERY short trip to Thailand. And when I say short, i really do mean short. Can you imagine going to Bangkok and not even having the opportunity to do any decent shopping? True, I literally hit the ground running. In any case, the trip was still fun. Actually, it was indeed a great respite from my classes. And I did say that I needed to get out, right? Travelling anywhere certainly does wonders for me! Yup, the great depression is gone!

In anycase, here are some rants and raves about the trip:

Rants:
Actually, the only major problem I had with the trip was the utter lack of time to do anything there. I mean, there were just too many things to do, too much sights to see, places to visit and kinds of food to eat--and with soooo little time to do all these! Because of this, I missed out on so many things I really wanted to do and places to go to. So next time around, I'm totally going to hit the following:
1. Ayutthaya
2. Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi
3. the Underwater World in Paragon (how could I have missed this!!! Aaargh! I was already in the mall but the aquarium closed early!)
4. The Reclining Buddha
5. At least get a fair amount of shopping done
6. Pattaya
7. Maybe get to catch the 6 hour train ride to Cambodia and visit Angkor Wat (I really wanted to do this sana!)

However, I did get to do some pretty neat stuff!
Raves:
1. I got to touch a tiger! haha. parang bata
2. walked the streets of Bangkok at night
3. Had fabulous authentic Thai meals at sidestreet eateries! (dahil malayo sa funding ng magulang!)
4. Finally got to see a thai girl show( tiger show!)- hehe. I now know what ping pong balls, coke bottles and razors really are for
5. Almost got left behind by a plane and ran like crazy inside the airport
6. Became a slef-proclaimed tuktuk traveler!
7. Met a new friend!
8. Got myself a Canon s3 is! Woohoo!-- too bad I got it only on the last day and I wasn't really able to use it in Thailand. Then again, this gives me the perfect excuse to go travelling again, right?

Some pics of the trip

My favorite Buddha image. Different and an image I can relate to...

Cruising down the river

Floating Market
With Sylvia at the Paragon
Posing beside a Spirit House (I want one!)

Elephant fight scene
Eating at the Thai equivalent of Dannylicious
I want one of these too!

With my travel companion- li'l sis Mugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home